Flight 060. Mark Vanhoenacker, our favorite airline pilot is back with us for the release of How To Land A Plane, his new book. Will he leave the 747 for the 787? The memories of first 747 landing and his 320 training, Do we prefer landing or taking off? And a few Airplane! quotes.
00:00 - Introduction
01:11 - How To Land A Plane
- How to Land a Plane — Mark Vanhoenacker
- Buy at Amazon UK: How to Land a Plane Little Ways to Live a Big Life
- Buy at Waterstones: How to Land a Plane by Mark Vanhoenacker
- Mark Vanhoenacker on Facebook
- Mark Vanhoenacker on Twitter
16:31 - Take-offs or landings?
24:19 - Mark's first 747 landing
31:12 - Flight simulator
34:01 - The climates of RUH, DFW, PHX
37:53 - Will Mark leave the 747 for the 787?
45:50 - Training for the 320
48:38 - Airplane!
50:47 - NBO
53:59 - Watching over SDU, Decide v Minimums
56:23 - Buy the book, 747, Skyfaring photo gallery