Flight 041. A new low cost alliance shakes things up in South East Asia. Paul does his first round the world trip, in First. JetLovers goes 3D. Airbus goes A3. Alex and Bourdain share some airplane food similarities. Qantas finally introduces women pilot uniforms. Singapore Airlines and Air France wanted to get close, Lufthansa said no way. Ryanair opens a new chapter by re-shaping its route model. Hotels get the cabin feeling. New York wants to fire the TSA, whose queues are getting out of hand.
News of the week
- Terrifying Wi-Fi hotspot name causes chaos on Qantas plane
- Women pilots at Qantas no longer have to wear uniforms made for men
Bourdain on plane food
A new kind of alliance
- Eight Asia-Pacific low-cost carriers form alliance | Airlines content from ATWOnline
- Cebu Pacific Air – Why everyone flies
- Cebu Pacific Air on Twitter: "V for Value! 8 LCCs, 160 destinations, 17 hubs. Find out more about the #ValueAlliance here: https://t.co/QsxvZHrLkJ https://t.co/YcKo4kS0OK"
- Cebu Pacific Running Man Challenge Compilation - YouTube
Will Air France and Singapore enter an alliance too?
- JetLovers FlightClub on Twitter: "Exciting news! Now you can see all of your flights on interactive 3D globe (WebGL required). Check it out now! https://t.co/R2Cvzk3WGZ"
A new Ryanair era
TSA is getting worse
- Catching a Flight? Budget Hours, Not Minutes, for Security - NYTimes.com
- New York Airports Threaten to Remove TSA in Favor of Alternate Screeners – Skift
Crazy plane furniture
- Spartan2470 comments on Chair made out of a 737 jet engine.
- Plane Industries | Luxury Goods made from Waste
- For Some Strange Reason, There's An Airplane Inside Of This Hotel
- Aircraft's Perilous Journey On The High Seas
- Former head of Google's Project Ara on leaving to start Airbus' new Silicon Valley lab | VentureBeat | Entrepreneur | by Chris O'Brien
- Home - A³ by Airbus Group
Lufthansa car sharing
Airport of the week