Flight 029. Living in Singapore Changi Airport for 7 months. Kudos to Ethiopian for its all female crew flight. JetBlue goes Amazon for entertainment. A luggage made for wine lovers. The billionaire who earned 170 million USD worth of air miles. The renaissance of supersonic jets. KLM to use Facebook Messenger for customer service. Putting passengers in a container? Airbus strikes again with some insane patent.
News of the week
Women in the aviation industry
- All-Female Flight Crew a First for Ethiopia Airlines
- Indonesia's Lion Air grounds pilot for 'offering flight attendant as compensation' for delay, SE Asia News & Top Stories - The Straits Times
- China’s Secret to a Booming Aviation Industry: Sexism - Fortune
- A hazing ritual forced Chinese female flight attendants into overhead bins - The Washington Post
Air travel after the terror attacks
- Reports: Russia demands Lebanon shut down airspace for Russian military drills - Vox
- Ukraine closes airspace to all Russian planes - BBC News
- Worldwide Travel Alert
- Sécurité: les personnels Air France inquiets (in French)
- Blonde bomber: Police believe Hasna Aitboulahcen was part of a terror cell planning an attack on Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport | DailyTelegraph
- Perquisitions à Roissy : des signaux de radicalisation découverts - Le Point (in French)
- Toulouse Airbus site bomb alert: 200 people evacuated after '3 drinks cans connected with wire' found in engine - Mirror Online
- Turkish plane diverted to Canada over bomb threat - BBC News
- SIA confirms bomb threat on flight from San Francisco - Channel NewsAsia
- Bomb scare: Changi Airport chairman was on Singapore Airlines plane, Singapore News & Top Stories - The Straits Times
- Four Middle Eastern passengers kicked off plane after woman said she saw dynamite text | World | News | Daily Express
- US Muslim forced off plane cites Islamophobia
Proof that SIN is good for layovers?
- S'pore couple camp at Changi Airport for 7 months: There's free Internet, electricity, water, AsiaOne Singapore News
Cathay returns at LGW
Europe and the US versus the Middle-Eastern carriers
- France and Germany's Transport Ministers Add to the Open Skies Battle With Gulf Carriers – Skift
- Lufthansa cancels Munich-Dubai service - Business Traveller
- DL Severs Ticketing With EK — Civil Aviation Forum | Airliners.net
What is Qatar announcing for the US market?
JetBlue goes Amazon
Emirates adds bigger IFE screens in all classes
Pay for Wifi with United miles
170m USD worth or air miles!
Google creeps into travel
- Google Claims Mobile Search Result Impacting Yelp, TripAdvisor Is Bug | Re/code
- Airlines warned giving Google any data will ensure you're hostage to it for life
- Google Tries to Remove Mobile Friction With Instant Booking Push – Skift
- Online Traffic to Airline Websites Predicts Passenger Numbers, Report Says - APEX | Airline Passenger Experience
Luggage weight sharing?
- Edwin asks us if it would be possible for poeple to share the weight they're checking into the hold.
For wine lovers
KLM goes Messenger
We don't know what Airbus is thinking
The renaissance of supersonic planes
- Flexjet Order For 20 Supersonic Jets Boosts Aerion | NBAA 2015 content from Aviation Week
- UK Government invests £60m in Skylon plane that can fly from London to Sydney in 4 hours | Business News | News | The Independent
- Airbus reveals the ‘Son of Concorde’ will fly in 2021 at speeds of over 1,200mph | Daily Mail Online
Airport of the week