Flight 028. EasyJet goes Star Trek with its uniforms. Air Astana shows the iPad is a best of class IFE. The potential new reality of airport security after the terror attacks. Twitter as the best customer channel for airlines. Norwegian shows how a website should be done. Testing Etihad’s upgrade bidding system. Turkish aces the IFE interface. Should liquids still be put out at security?
News of the Week
- Bomb threats force 2 Air France flights from US to Paris into emergency landings — RT News
- Metrojet Crash In Egypt Was Result Of 'Terrorist Act,' Russia Says
- Exclusive: Investigators '90 percent sure' bomb downed Russian plane | Reuters
- UK Holiday Jet 'Came Within 1,000ft Of Missile'
The new airport security reality: insoucring?
- 4 passengers removed from Spirit Airlines plane in Baltimore; flight was Chicago-bound, officials say | abc7chicago.com
- The TSA’s security screening is worse than you even imagined - Quartz
- TSA failed to catch man with loaded gun on airplane | WFLA.com
Paul narrates how liquids in his carry-on failed to be detected at TSE, IST and ZAG
Emirates goes 2 class and jetpacks
- The plane with the most seats in the world - CNN.com
- Two guys wearing jetpacks fly alongside an Airbus A380
Happy 20, EasyJet (but are you sure about those uniforms?)
- EasyJet is now 25: Who's shaking up the travel industry today?
- EasyJet unveils futuristic LED-studded uniforms for 2016 - Telegraph
The Air Astana experience and its IFE
- In-Flight Entertainment
- Bluebox Ai
- Air Astana on Twitter: "We are happy to hear that you have enjoyed your first flight with us! ✈ https://t.co/i76NPOJh0i"
Etihad's upgrade bidding system
- Plusgrade | revenue upgrade platform for the airline industry
- Guide to Bidding on Flight Upgrades for Premium Seats
Is Twitter a better way to handle customer service?
- Alex Hunter on Twitter: "@EtihadHelp Hi, I need help cancelling a trip due to hospitalisation. Can you help? Tried calling but can't get through to a human."
- British Airways on Twitter: "@cubedweller Hi Alex, please DM your booking ref and email address and we'll look into this for you. Thanks. ^Linda"
Paul narrates his nightmarish Turkish flight cancellation incident
Paul and Alex both flew in the same "Pope plane" by Croatia Airlines
The state of maintenance
- DGCA report finds Air India operated 787 with only 4 of 47 screws installed - Bangalore Aviation
- The Disturbing Truth About How Airplanes Are Maintained Today | Vanity Fair
- Should there be a Carfax Record Report for commercial airliners? | George Hobica | LinkedIn
Paul narrates how a third of his SWISS flight wasn't allowed to board
Lufthansa experiences a very bad strike
The Norwegian experience
- Norwegian 787 Dreamliner
- jon bradford on Twitter: "Getting flashbacks. If @VirginAtlantic launched today, it would look something like @Fly_Norwegian transatlantic. /cc @papadimitriou"
The modern Turkish experience
Airport of the Week