Flight 016. The KLM social media initiatives, the silence at Helsinki airport, the ticket auctions from Iberia, the pre-loading of bags by Delta, the good deed of SouthWest, the sale of Aer Lingus, the ANA rebrand, the TSA repeated security failures and Airbus in the Silicon Valley.
Note: we do apologize for the subpar sound of this episode.
I. News of the week
II. Innovation of the week
- KLM’s Social Media Managers Generate $25m In Annual Revenue
- KLM & Heineken - The Orange Experience 2015 (2015) 3:00 (The Netherlands) | adland.tv
- Best (And Worst) Airlines Offering Reward Travel Miles - NBC News
- Getting bumped: Airlines are filling more seats than ever — so why are they still overbooking? | Financial Post
- Improving service on airlines: Net rescue | The Economist
- United’s Improvements Could Make LAX One of the World’s Priciest Airports – Skift
- Watch GE's 3D Printed Jet Engine Fire at 33,000 RPM - Singularity HUB
- ANA Considers Airline Rebrand — Civil Aviation Forum | Airliners.net
- Helsinki Airport will be a Silent Airport – number of announcements to be reduced / News archive / Finavia
- Spanish Millennials Are Loving Iberia's Last-Minute Ticket Auctions – Skift
- Airbus to Create Venture Capital Arm, Innovation Center in Silicon Valley - WSJ ($)
III. Airport of the week